New York, NY – USA
Michael M. Bowersox
Software engineer with over 15 years of experience, most recently building large-scale cloud native distributed systems. Seeking a challenging opportunity where management, leadership, and technology meet.
Languages: Proficient: C#, F#, TypeScript, T-SQL | Dabbled: Python
APIs: Proficient: NET Framework, LINQ, WPF, ASP.NET MVC/WebApi, NodeJS | Dabbled: WCF, Angular JS
Technologies: Kubernetes, Azure, Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Microsoft SQL Server
Associate Director, Engineering | Intelligent Retail Lab by Walmart | Hoboken, NJ | April 2018 – Present
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for delivering a complex CV/AI product at Walmart scale to drive cost savings in stores.
- Responsible for designing and overseeing implementation of a distributed systems stealth project built on TypeScript, NodeJS, Kubernetes, Kafka, and various other technologies.
Associate Director, Engineering | Jet.com | Hoboken, NJ | October 2017 – April 2018
- Lead team developing Jet’s merchant-facing API and supporting backend architecture.
Senior Software Engineer III | Jet.com | Hoboken, NJ | May 2014 – October 2017
- Develop merchant-facing APIs and supporting backend architecture to handle 500+ million events daily.
.NET Developer | Systems Solutions | New York, NY | January 2014 – April 2014
- Developed data extraction tool for Summit APEX staffing software.
Senior Programming Analyst | Quidsi (an Amazon.com subsidiary) | Jersey City, NJ | August 2010 – January 2014
- Lead development of inventory management tools in .NET/WPF for supply chain and merchandising teams. The system uses multiple models for demand forecasting, site growth, and metrics to allow on-demand selection of best-fit algorithms.
- Managed one developer assigned to the inventory management tool project.
Applications Development Engineer | White & Case LLP | New York, NY | January 2008 – July 2010
- Played a vital role in the development of the firm’s new global “Connect” intranet including development of an aggregated user information database from multiple firm data sources (Oracle, SQL, MOSS).
- Developed the Enterprise Availability & Activity Report (EAAR) in a team of four using C#/ASP.NET and MSSQL.
Software Developer | Beard Miller Company LLP | Pine Brook, NJ | May 2004 – January 2008
- Designed and built a large web-based content management system / intranet portal in PHP/MySQL.
- Developed web-based financial dashboards, reports, and alerting functionality using C#/ASP.NET.
B.S., Computer Science – William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ
Interests & Activities
Photography, demand planning, fashion, functional programming, woodworking